The destruction and construction, no do overs.
In the images below I tore out the original wall covering and replaced with 3/4″ plywood. This is a bathroom and the original owners put the main electrical panel in the bathroom. I get the “why” on the way they built the place. It was easy! Doesn’t mean I agree but I didn’t want to do a whole house rewire either.
Pic 1 shows where I was going to put in the battery “bank”. I ran into problems with lifting the battery high enough off the floor. More on that later.
Pic 3, 4 & 6 show where I originally brought all the PV and new generator lines into the room. The original intent was to have all the electrical come into this room to save on wire, conduit and the etcetera’s. I wasn’t worried about water and electricity being in the same room as I don’t have water currently.
Pic 4 there was no way I could maneuver a 4×8 sheet of plywood through the door frame so I had to cut the sheet in half. I know it looks crappy but I have some ideas to cover it up. Also in pic 4 there are two electrical boxes near the floor. One is for the PV line coming into the house and the other is a new line for the generator. Currently the generator connects directly to the breaker panel from an outside outlet.
I basically tore the room apart and put it back together only to change things around again. I suppose I could have just left the wall covering as is was and moved on but I really want to install a toilet in that same space and not have 500 lbs of metal boxes hanging over my head while I do my business. The bundle of wire on the wall is some grounding wire that I added for the charge controller, and inverter, which I never used in the final configuration.